Saturday, 30 May 2015

New work, BBC TV and radio

Spring has sprung over here in the UK and it's a pleasure to announce that the BBC television show 'Springwatch' have invited me onto the show to discuss my latest album 'Below Sea level'. I'll be chatting to Chris Packham on Monday 8th June at 9pm on 'Springwatch Unsprung'.


RSPB Minsmere, Suffolk, UK.


AirSpace gallery in Stoke-on-Trent are now exhibiting my new field recordings composition 'FloodLines' as part of a new exhibition called 'Battle Lines'.

My focus was collecting the sounds of the three types of water (flood) defence systems in the Fens. The wind pump at Wicken Fen, steam at Streatham and diesal at Prickwillow pump station. It's now open until June 27th and also features three other artists work within the gallery space.

https://www.facebook.com/AirSpaceGalleryStoke?fref=nf&pnref=story


UK music and arts organisation TOUCH have my 'Caxton Gibbet' radio piece now broadcasting. It's a composition created from within the gallows that stand on a site known famously in English folklore for its ghost stories and true tales of capital punishment taking place on this site:



Touch have also rereleased 'Below Sea Level' and the accompanying 80 page journal:


'Caxton Gibbet' is also included in a wonderful new project 'Tyburnia' by The Dead Rat Orchestra about public execution sites in the UK when it's performed in Cambridge on Castle Hill on Sunday June 7th.




Thanks for listening!

Slowdive, the band I play drums in, news, gigs etc is here: http://www.slowdiveofficial.com

1 comment:

  1. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
    sea fight astuce

    ReplyDelete