Saturday 3 December 2011

2011 hindsight

3rd Dec '11



2011 is winding up as the nights get colder so I wanted to share some of my highlights and one was performing this summer at Decibel Festival in Seattle. I had the pleasure to play alongside Rafael Anton Irisarri and visual artist Lissom. I presented a set of field recordings, taken from Seattle during my stay in the city, accompanied with some digital signal processing taken from the three Vox AC30 amp's I had on stage and Rafael's bowed guitar.

Here is a review from this A/V performance: http://lineout.thestranger.com/lineout/archives/2011/10/01/decibel-fest-day-3-highlights-simon-scott-egyptrixx-ooooo

My summer US tour was amazing and it was great to visit the East and West coasts and I have many happy memories. Especially great was meeting and playing live with so many talented and sweet natured artists such as Marcus Fisher, Taylor Deupree, Mike Jedlicka and Mountains. I also brought home some nice field recordings and photographs that may see the light of day sometime in 2012.

Thanks to everyone who made an effort and came out to the live shows, did some driving and those who put me up and showed me their towns.

*For all live booikings in 2012 please contact: simonscott@simonscott.org



The "Bunny" LP, now available to buy from www.simonscott.org/shop.php has been picking up some flattering reviews too:

http://www.theliminal.co.uk/2011/10/simon-scott-bunny

www.autresdirections.net/spip.php?article2098

http://www.themilkfactory.co.uk/st/2011/10/simon-scott-bunny-miasmah-recordings/#more-5978

No comments:

Post a Comment